Although small, kitchen appliances such as juicers, blenders, mixers, etc. can perform large tasks. From chopping and slicing to mixing and much more, these kitchen gadgets allow you to prepare meals, make snacks and desserts and even brew coffee fast. Furthermore, unlike large appliances, every small kitchen appliance offers superior convenience and flexibility as each of these gadgets can be quickly moved from one place in your kitchen to another and even be placed away in a cabinet for example, at times when more worktop space is needed.
However being powerful does not mean these kitchen appliances are not repair-prone. To ensure peak performance of every small kitchen appliance you own, regular cleaning and proper care routine are necessary. This will not only ensure a better taste of your food, but will also prolong the lifespan of your ‘can’t live without’ kitchen gadgets.
Although majority of small kitchen appliances are designed to be easy to clean, some work is still required. Here are few great cleaning tips you can apply to your cleaning routine to make your life easier.
- Always unplug the small kitchen appliance before cleaning.
- Even though these appliances are made of highly durable materials, using the wrong tools to clean them can damage them. So make sure you don’t use anything abrasive like wire brushes, heavy duty scrub pads or razor blades which can scratch the surface of your appliance.
- To best clean the exterior of your small kitchen appliance, all you’ll need is a soft sponge or a micro fiber cloth and warm soapy water (mild soap detergent only). Nothing more. Wipe out the surface in small circle movements. You can use also a disinfectant after the cleaning to clean up the contact points.
- To clean you small kitchen appliance hard-to-reach areas you can, for example:
- Turn a toaster upside down over the sink and shake out the crumbs and then clean it with a soft cloth;
- Fill a blender with hot water and mild dish detergent and run it on high speed. Rinse and dry it.
- To clean a kettle, boil the mixture of half water and half white vinegar. Discard the mixture and repeat the procedure but this time using only plain water. Rinse.
- Take out all the removable parts of a coffee maker and wash them in hot water. Use a soft cloth to wipe down the surface of the device.
- A place most commonly forgotten to be cleaned is the surface under the small appliances. You may think it is not necessary, but will be surprised when you find out what is hidden under there. Therefore, move the small kitchen appliance and wipe the underneath area.
It is important that you plan and take some time to clean your small kitchen appliances regularly. It will not only leave your kitchen looking great and smelling fresh, but also safe to prepare delicious food.