More and more nutritionists advice juicing as an alternative method for improving health, regardless if someone is struggling to improve his/her diet or is afflicted by a serious disease. You will often hear people talk about their “juicing diet” as it has become a trend in Australia over the past years. If you too are into the juicing trend, meet the vegetable juicer, your new superhero and a reliable ally on the journey towards healthier lifestyle.
Purpose Of The Vegetable Juicer
There isn’t much to be said about the purpose of the vegetable juice. Simply put, this small appliance is designed to extract juice from vegetables and fruits and for making smoothies.
Types Of Vegetable Juicers
To prepare a quality vegetable juice, you need to invest in a decent juicer. It’s good to know that there are different types of juicer vegetable models to choose from. Each type has own advantages and disadvantages you should familiarize yourself with before making the final decision.
- Centrifugal Juicer
The centrifugal juicer is one of the most common types and highly demanded vegetable juicer in Australia. It comes in two main shapes: cylindrical and upright. This juicer extracts the juice from the vegetables by grating the produce into tiny pieces and spinning them at high speeds.
- Extracts juice faster and in a very convenient way;
- Able to cut larger vegetables (no need to cut produce into smaller pieces);
- Easy to clean;
- Comes with a lower price tag.
- Not suitable for extracting juice from leafy greens;
- Not very efficient in extracting juice from the pulp (leaves it wet);
- The juice comes out with a lot of foam;
- Oxidation happens faster in the juice extracted with the centrifugal juicer vegetable.
- Masticating Juicer
This type of juicer vegetable model extracts the juice from the produce using screw-type auger. More specifically this device crushes, grinds and “chews” the vegetables.
- Suitable for leafy greens;
- Produces drier pulp in comparison to the centrifugal juicer;
- Extracts more nutrients from the vegetables;
- Lasts longer.
- Has smaller feeding tube (you have to cut the vegetables manually prior to juice them);
- Takes more time for making juice;
- Consists of more parts what makes it difficult for cleaning.
- Triturating Juicer
This juicer vegetable model works similar as the masticating juicer, with the difference in the speed of the motor. Namely, the motor of the triturating juicer operates at low speed. This results in efficient juicing which provides vegetable juice with maximum nutrients preserved.
- Highly efficient;
- Gives maximum amount of vegetable juice;
- It can be used for making baby food and sauces.
- This juicer is more expensive than the other juicer vegetable types;
- Runs slower and takes more time for extracting juice;
- It’s more difficult for use, as it requires an additional force for pushing harder vegetables (such as carrot, beetroot, potato, etc) into gripping.